Titanium is a very corrosion resistant metal, with very strong and lightweight properties. Commonly used in applications appear in aerospace, medical implantable devices, automotive, and many other industries. Fotofab routinely manufactures parts quickly and safely from Titanium in a wide range of alloys. When using photo etching, there is no added cost to add a feature, whether you need a thousand holes in a part or one single hole.
- Titanium is a low-density, high strength metal
- Corrosion resistant
- Very pliable, particularly in oxygen-free environments
- Non-ferromagnetic, is not susceptible to magnetization
- Relatively low electrical and thermal conductivity
- High melting point (1,650 °C or 3,000 °F)
- Biocompatible, non-toxic
Titanium Etching Applications:
Because of its strength to density ratio, titanium is excellent for applications used in a variety of industries, and for components requiring corrosion resistant, anti-fatigue, non-magnetic, and/or extended temperature resistance properties. Fotofab etches and fabricates titanium parts for many industries, including:
- Marine and Military
- Medical Instruments and Devices
- Medical Implantables
- The material poses a unique challenge for photo etching in that it is extremely resistant to most acids. Etching titanium requires the use of hydrofluoric acid, which is extremely hazardous.
- Titanium alloys are extremely hard and can wear out cutting tools quickly.
- Fotofab has worked with Titanium grades: 1, 2, 3, and 5