Elgiloy is considered a superalloy that consist of 39-41% Cobalt, 19-21% Chromium, 14-16% Nickel, 11-20% Iron, 6-8% Molybdenum, & 1.5-2.5% Manganese. This compound mixture allows Elgiloy to be a high strength, high fatigue, corrosion, cracking & pitting resistant material. With these qualities, common industries that use Elgiloy are medical, aerospace, and defense. Elgiloy is also known as Phynox Cobalt-Chromium-Nickel.
- High melting point (2601°F) and operates in heat up to 850°F
- Fatigue resistant
- High tensile strength (141000 psi)
- Yield strength (69600 psi)
Elgiloy Etched Products:
- Medical devices
- Heat treatment will strengthen Elgiloy and make it difficult to form afterward.
- Meets specifications of AMS 5876, AMS 5833 & UNS R30003.