Elgiloy is considered a superalloy that consist of 39-41% Cobalt, 19-21% Chromium, 14-16% Nickel, 11-20% Iron, 6-8% Molybdenum, and 1.5-2.5% Manganese. This compound mixture allows Elgiloy to be a high strength, high fatigue, corrosion, cracking, and pitting resistant material. With these qualities, common industries that use Elgiloy are medical, aerospace, and defense.
Fotofab's chemical etching process produces designs that can withstand harsh indoor and outdoor environments. The process uses a strong caustic chemical to cut into unprotected parts of a metal surface to create a design or image formed to your project's specifications.
Fotofab proudly services the US & International customers.
Characteristics of Elgiloy:
- High melting point (2601°F) and operates in heat up to 850°F
- Fatigue resistant
- High tensile strength of 141000 psi
- Yield strength of 69600 psi
Elgiloy Etched Products:
- Medical devices
- Heat treatment will strengthen Elgiloy and make it difficult to form afterward
- Meets specifications of AMS 5876, AMS 5833, and UNS R30003
- Elgiloy is also known as Phynox Cobalt-Chromium-Nickel