As more industries bolster performance with complex assemblies, optimally designed metal components have become increasingly important. Poorly developed parts cause unplanned downtime with fit issues, have unnecessarily high production costs from superfluous fabrication processes and erode manufacturer reputation with malfunction.
Ensure your metal components are designed for peak functionality, streamlined production and repeatable quality with custom metal part design solutions from Fotofab. Our services include drawing review, custom part design, material analysis, metal selection, existing component re-engineering, prototyping and small batch production.
Custom part design
- Identify and confirm intended use, design parameters, and relevant specifications
- Provide computer-aided design and modeling services with industry-leading software
- Create three-dimensional models and complete two-dimensional drawings
- Prototypes can be developed
- Determine accuracy, complexity, and manufacturability
- Performed on and off-site
- Evaluate the developed design
- Identify product functionality and material selection improvements
- optimize product design for improved manufacturability
Prototyping and small batch manufacturing
- Prototypes and small batches are fabricated utilizing a photochemical metal etching process
- Photochemical metal etching allows for extremely tight tolerances and configurations not possible with traditional metal fabrication methods
- A photographically prepared mask is applied to the work surface, protecting the underlying base metal
- Photochemical etching then removes the exposed areas
- Capable of center to center tolerances within +/- .0005″ over 6”
- Last-minute design changes are easy and inexpensive
- Custom parts are often made in one or two days and shipped in as few as three days
Material selection services
- Identify the best material type to improve product functionality, appearance and service life
- Our engineering department has years of experience and extensive knowledge of metallurgy, corrosion, coatings and manufacturability
- Proper material selection is vital to improve product longevity and avoid equipment failure
Fotofab is dedicated to meeting client product design and development needs. Our team can work from your existing design or create a custom platform per your specifications.
We can partner with your design team to leverage resources and develop superior products from planning to production and installation. Our knowledgeable engineering team can craft custom solutions for clients without in-house designers, saving time and money.
Take your product from concept to print and production with assistance from Fotofab. We believe in providing clients with affordable, efficient and superior custom part design services.
Contact Fotofab for more information about our custom part design capabilities